Newness for a New Year

Thursday, October 25, 2007
















Have you ever had a jacket, or a skirt, or whatever other article of clothing that fits this bill, that needed to be dry-cleaned, but you just kept putting it off. I usually think of it right when I go to put something on that hasn't been dry cleaned in a while. I then find something else to wear and forget again until the next time I try to wear it. Well yesterday I discovered that one of the perks of my house fire is that I got to dry clean everything I own (everything that is dry clean only of course). Two weeks ago, I took in all my clothing and all of Amelia's clothing to be cleaned. When we went in the girl looked at us and said, "I'm going to get my manager." I guess they don't usually have orders that large. When I mean large, I mean they had to roll all our clothes out in a large bin. All in all the total wasn't as bad as it could have been, especially since we took it to BYU's facility (which has a much better rate for students and employees). And out of 61 items, they all came back on the first try--nothing was lost or misplaced. But, the next time you look at your bill, just think it could have been $190 instead of $20-30. Then again, I can now enjoy a completely clean, pressed, and relatively smoke-free dry-clean-only wardrobe.

No comments: