Newness for a New Year

Friday, September 19, 2008

It was never that great to begin with

I read an article today about how Hershey's has taken out the cocoa butter from their chocolate and replaced it with vegetable oil in many of its products. They even have to change the wording to say "chocolate product."

There is an uproar among some chocolate lovers, but all I have to say is that Hershey's has never been on the top of my list for "good" chocolate. After experiencing "good" chocolate and even "exquisite" chocolate I will never go back to Hershey's.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Ewww. Oh well, I don't really eat Hershey's anyway. If I'm going to eat a chocolate bar, it's going to be something good, like Milka or Godiva or Lindt or something like that. You know, the real stuff, not this waxy American junk.

Dan said...

you are all pompous euro chocolate lovers.

And Nathan is the worst of the bunch.

Although, I have to agree, if you are taking cocoa butter out of it completely, and especially if you are calling it chocolate product?, yeah, thats gross.

Warrior Princesa said...

whooo hooo!! I am so agreed. Hershey's is not in anyway good chocolate. yummy shout out for cadbury's chocolate. ah, the good stuff. nasty hershey's.