Newness for a New Year

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Books and Bookcases


My friend Salli asked me a few weeks ago about what one thing I wouldn't be able to take out of my budget, besides necessities.

I said books.


This probably seems like a very obvious response for me. But, when I purchased a new bookcase a couple of weeks ago for all my books, I was a little amazed at how many books I have accumulated. For the first time in a few years, I have all my books in one place.
Here is my beautiful new bookcase, which I bought at IKEA. I love it. Joanie and I put it together and it was so much fun to organize some of my books. And don't worry, this isn't my only bookcase, I have three others.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

You need Thomas Jefferson's quote, "I can't live without books," on a magnet or framed or something.

Kim said...

Of course you do!
I love that bookcase. I really like a lot of stuff at IKEA. I wish it were a little closer.

Warrior Princesa said...

This is a beautiful picture!!! i love it, probably because I love books too.

LauraLee said...

I love your bookcase. It is even better in 3D!

Shea said...

Hey! I hope you don't mind, but I peeked at your blog from Tiffany's blog. Ikea is one of my favorite places ever! Hope you are doing well...

-Shea

Alisa said...

I need one of those bookcases. I love bookcases. Okay, not as much as I love books, but yours is beautiful. I love how you arranged the shelves.

Tammy Scoville said...

There are few things as comforting as being surrounded by good books--and I don't just mean that figuratively. Someday...a library room surrounded with bookshelves, maybe even a ladder...This was one of the ongoing discussions Steve and I had when we were dating. It used to be a shorthand for the idea that maybe we should get married. What can you expect from Lit nerds??