Newness for a New Year

Friday, March 7, 2008

Food Incongruity


Many of you may be aware of my rather random relationship with meat and meat products. I don't think it is strange, but then again, they are my habits. One of my friends always told me that I tend to like the "crappy" meats. This means I like hot dogs and bacon. Anyway, this is not a post about meat (I will save that for another day) but about how we have our own incongruities when it comes to everything, and they don't often make sense, but they are ours and so they have some level of meaning.

I realized such an inconsistency in my way of thinking when I was at the store buying peeps. I have come to realize that peeps tend to put people in two categories: either you love them or you hate them. I have rarely met anyone who is indifferent towards peeps.

I love them, especially when they are a little stale. Strange, I know, but true. Anyway, I am getting to the point of this post. I was standing in the aisle looking at the different kinds of peeps. This year they have many different colors, such as green and blue. Well, my first thought was, Those seem so artificial, I better stick with the plain yellow bunnies. In the seconds after that thought, it dawned on me that they are all completely artificial, but somehow I still felt better about buying the original yellow bunnies. I guess the good thing is that I fully admit my frequent lack of logic.

No comments: