Terry's Top Ten Garbage Disposal Killers.
- 10. Zip lock bags, aluminum foil, or any other packaging items. (Yes, this has happened.)
- 9. Silverware or cooking utinsels. (Like we do that intentionally).
- 8. Banana, apple or any fruit peel or core. (I'm not the only non fruit eater!)
- 7. Avocado peel or core. (This one might send the disposal into orbit.)
- 6. Sweet corn husks, silt or cob. (Trash cans love these items.)
- 5. Bones from steaks, chops, chicken or other varments. (Also very good for trash cans.)
- 4. Grease and drippings. (Will require a disposal by-pass.)
- 3. Potatoes of any kind. (Your disposal is allergic to all starch items.)
- 2. Pasta noodles of any kind. (These starches could lead to disposal cardiac arrest)
And the number one killer of Garbage Disposals is....
- 1. RICE!!!! (Your disposal should start screaming at the sight of Rice.) (Instant death!)
- Never run the disposal with out first turning on the water.
- If your disposal becomes clogged or making unusual sounds. Never insert your hand or any other object into the disposal.
- If your disposal becomes unusable, please forward a work request to the Maintenance Department.
- A disposal is not a “trash eater” only small amounts of food should be inserted into the disposal.
- Excess food and waste should be put in a trash can.
- Remember to always turn off the disposal when not in use.