Newness for a New Year

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Music that takes you back


My freshman roommates and I created a playlist that really captured our time together. One of the bands that was on that playlist was Blessid Union of Souls. Did you ever listen to them? I loved them. Well, I was thinking about them the other day, and I purchased the album I fell in love with. I haven't listened to the album in years. It is amazing how music takes you back to places, people, and perspectives that you thought were long gone.


As I listened to the album, I was taken back to:
  • Cinderblock walls in college dorms.
  • Late nights working at the Scroll.
  • Cargo pants and plaid shirts (I know ... that is a horrible memory for me as well).
  • Movie nights
  • Crushing on really old returned missionaries (23 felt really old back then!)

And a slew of other memories.

It is good to go back, mostly because of where I've come since then. But try it--bust out some old favorites and just let the memories start pouring in.



1 comment:

brit said...

Oh sheesh. Ricks!